Monday, May 3, 2010

harsh reality

I think anyone who knows me at all is painfully aware that I have an obsession with the television show gilmore girls. It makes my life worth living (okay, maybe a slight exaggeration-but nonetheless I do love it). In one of the episodes they have a conversation during which I was abruptly informed that the plural of coldesac is not culdecsacs, but is in fact...culsdesac. Now, I do realize that there is a slight possibility that not EVERYTHING viewed on this beloved show is completely realistic, BUT it did make me curious so I did a little research (slash - googled it) and found that culsdesac is indeed correct. I've been saying it wrong my whole life! I will admit that the use of the word "culsdesac" is not incredibly common in my everyday vocabulary but still...was I the only one who didn't know?

oh...p.s. if you're wondering what's with the picture of fenway park, random right? I love baseball season. Love going to the games, love eating the hot dogs, love the uniforms (hey, they are good-looking uniforms...very figure flattering), love really everything about it. I don't by an means profess to be a MLB guru but I do enjoy a good baseball game just as much as the next baseball fan. Hopefully one day I will actually get to go to a game at fenway park...dare to dream.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE baseball too! I just enjoy going and knowing the sport (as opposed to most others) and eating the hot dogs and being outside. Ahhhh.

    Also, GG is my love affair thanks to hulu.com. Every Monday they post 3 episodes (in order, thank goodness) and I race home to watch them. Even though I've already seen them all before :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute post Andie.

    and yes, i'll go on a date with you to a baseball game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great episode, but then again...they all are. Thank goodness for hulu.

    Will you really? We should go. Soon. I'll even buy you a hot dog.

    ReplyDelete